Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Contacts

Well when you walk in your sons' room and find him laying in his bed watching TV wearing his mothers glasses, you know it's time to visit the eye doctor! We have suspected the last several months that Jacob couldn't see far away. When we would be driving, we would ask him to read signs, etc to us and he couldn't see them. He doesn't stand a chance, because all three of us wear contacts/glasses. Soooooo...today we went to the eye doctor. He DID need glasses/contacts. He is near sighted. We are trying the contact route. He has to go back in a week for a follow up to make sure the contacts will work for him. He can't put them in and he can't take them out! We worked on him trying to take them out on his own tonight...Michael and I both tried to show him how. It will just take some getting use to. We put Michael's contacts in for him for years. But he could always take them out. Jacob will get the hang of it. Kinda felt like a heel on the way home from the eye doctor...he was reading EVERYTHING to me on the side of the road and in front of us! It was like a whole new world for him!!!! He is all fixed up now....now he just has to learn to put them in and take them out!

Wearing his mom's glasses while he watches TV.
Reading the chart. (Yep, I pulled the camera out)

Michael trying to show him how to take the contacts out! He never got the hang of it tonight...I took them out.


1 comment:

  1. How funny is that picture. I can feel his pain. I have went through 4 different types these last 2 months because my allergies are playing hard on my eyes this year. I am currently trying the daily disposables. So far I love them!!!! He will get the hang of it though. It looks like he is trying to hard. Tell him not to look in the mirror and he might be able to. Thats how I learned.

    ReplyDelete