Sunday, February 6, 2011

SNOW SNOW .. GO AWAY!

All I can say is... snow snow PLEASE go away. I am so tired of the weather. Bring on my summer lake weather. We are already into making up 4 school days. We have 5 built in days. (Once those are used, we start taking away from spring break!) That is not going to work for me! We are going to Washington, DC during spring break and airline tickets are already purchased. Guess we will cross that bridge when the time comes. If we miss school during the week, and go on a Friday then we go on Saturday. So far we have only had one Saturday school. We were suppose to have gone yesterday...but the "weather" did NOT allow that.
On Friday around 1:00 is started snowing. We all just knew we would get out early.
It continued to snow. While other surrounding schools let out early, we hung in there and made it until 3:00.

By the time we got home around 3:45- this is what it was looking like outside our house.


By 5:30 - this is what it looked like~I think we ended up getting like 5 inches at our house. When I went to school Friday morning; I had NO idea it was suppose to do this. Nor did Roger.
He drove the car to Harrison, but made it home safe and sound. Weather couldn't keep up off the roads (we ended up going out to eat at Bull Shoals Friday night).

Jacob catching some snowflakes!
Saturday- we thought we would head to Fayetteville and see Michael. We weren't sure how the roads were, but decided to give it a try. It's been almost a month, since I've seen Michael- he was sick, and needed "food supplies" and couldn't get his truck out of the parking lot! So mom/dad to the rescue~ roads were fine....we went out to eat- his choice- Outback Steakhouse and to Wal Mart to buy stuff. (I didn't get a picture of him- can't believe it either!)
Sunday has been a lazy day getting ready for Superbowl - good food and friends!
Jacob worked on making a photobook for his "honey" for Valentine's day. I was just going to do it for him (since he is a boy and all) but he wanted to do it himself. I was excited. Can''t wait to see t he finished product...afraid it won't make it in time for Valentine's day..but I guess..better late than never....

1 comment:

  1. This crazy weather is trying to keep us from Texas!!! I'm missing the quick trips to Fayetteville. Those were the days!!

    ReplyDelete