Monday, February 16, 2009

IT'S OFFICIAL!

BEWARE: This blog is all about Michael! It's official...I had my first melt down today over his college stuff! I feel like I have really kept it together pretty good the last few months. But I had a little difficulty today! We had anxiously been waiting to see if he would receive the email all day long...we knew today was the day that the finalists would be contacted. He received his email around 4:00. I cried as I read his email that was sent to him from the Univerisity of Arkansas. About a month ago, Michael applied for "The Fellowship Scholarship". You have to be selected to be a finalist to go for an interview for this scholarship. Today he received his email from them stating that he had been selected as a finalist. This fellowship provides $12,500 each year and can be combined with other scholarships to the cost of attendance. They guarantee that tuition fees and room and board, and meals will be covered for four years. How awesome is that? Michael will go for this interview on March 9.


Reading the email.
I have so many mixed emotions. Of course, I am very proud of him and want him to be happy in his college choice, but this is a hard journey. Roger had the nerve to call me a BIG BABY today! I know in the end all will be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Its ok to be a big baby. One of these days it will hit him just wait. I am so proud for Micheal also. He has worked hard and kept his eyes on his goal. I will continue to pray that everything goes as God has planned.

    ReplyDelete