Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shrek & Fiona

We had a Valentine's Party at church on Saturday night. It was "famous couples" night. Roger and I went as Shrek and Fiona. There were alot of famous couples....Thing 1 and Thing 2, Raggedy Ann and Andy, Bill and Hillary, Scarlet and Rhett, Rocky and Adrian, Fred and Wilma and more. We had prime rib, baked potato, salad and dessert. It was delicious! Then they did some karaoke. NO, I did NOT karaoke. Roger---YES he did! He didn't karaoke alone, but I decided not to post pictures of others...they might not appreciate it!


Roger doing his "karaoke"! You would be surprised at some who came out the shell to karaoke!

After church today, Michael decided that he was going to fix some OKRA! We all love okra, but man is it ever hard for me to cook! I usually just buy the frozen okra and deep fry it and that seems to work out pretty good. My mom can skillet fry it, but I can't. So Michael goes with me to the grocery store yesterday and picks up some fresh okra. I told him I couldn't cook it..he said he would! OK...go for it! So, he washes/dries it, cuts it, shakes it in corn meal, salt and pepper and is ready to go!



Looking good! I don't think it turned out so hot! He didn't offer me any and I didn't see him eating it! Guess we will stick with the frozen okra. At least he attempted to cook it. Don't understand why it is so hard to cook okra!
We watched the Daytona 500 today, but had to leave in the middle of it to go to "life group". We always enjoy our "life group" and get alot out of it. We are blessed to be in the group that we are in...they are awesome!
Well I made a post with pictures....I am so proud of myself! Hope that all have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the costumes!! Okra is hard to cook just like squash.

    ReplyDelete