Saturday, February 7, 2009

Recap of the week....

Well it's been a pretty busy week. We managed to survive the ice storm! We were without power from Tuesday until Friday...so not as bad as some other folks. We didn't have school on Monday. Started an hour later on Tuesday and Wednesday. Jacob and I didn't go to school on Tuesday, because he had an allergy appointment in Conway. Friday night was "Senior Night".
All the "lasts" are beginning to happen with my senior boy. This is all so bittersweet. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am NOT ready for my oldest son to graduate and leave home! I don't hold back any on that one! Yes, I realize this is HOW it is suppose to be, but it so hard for me to give him his wings and "let him fly". When you bring home that sweet baby, you don't think how 18 years will fly by. We moved to Flippin 16 years ago, NOT knowing ONE single person.....we have truly been blessed with a wonderful circle of friends!
We helped the G/T teacher with JR. HIGH QUIZ BOWL today at our school. We are exhausted, but so glad to be able to help her out...we had a blast. Such a great group of other kids from other schools. They all represented their schools well.

No comments:

Post a Comment