Sunday, August 30, 2009

Latest Happenings...

Had a busy week. First Marley, our dog got sick. Last Saturday she didn't eat anything. On Sunday she still wasn't eating, and Monday after school I decided she needed to go to the vet.
(I really thought she was just a little depressed since Michael was gone, he is her master). She was so sick she couldn't even get in the CAR (Roger had driven the truck to work that day). Jacob had to load her up in the car. I had called the vet and said we were on our way...they met us in the parking lot and carried her in. They immediately started doing tests on her. I called Roger at work and told him he needed to come meet us at the vet, that she was very sick.

Marley at the vet on Monday. She tested positve for "par-vo". A disease you don't want an animal to have. She had a 50/50 chance of surviving. We had to leave her in the hospital. It was awful. I was sick to my stomach! That night we worried and worried about her wondering how she was doing. If you have ever had a pet in the hospital, I know ya'll know what I am talking about. When I called on Tuesday, she wasn't any better. I told the boys to prepare for the worse, I didn't think she was going to live. WELL...she did....she didn't get to come home until Friday..but she made it! Didn't realize how attached I was to this dog. I called every 4 hours to check on her!



This is her asleep in the chair on the back porch. I normally don't let her in the chair, but after what all she has been through...she can have it!
And....her "master" came home to see her. She was so happy to see him. He is trying to brush her.
Saturday I took a scrapbooking class...I LOVE going to class...it was a school album...we did pages k-12...I think I am going to try and find pictures of me and Roger and put "our" pictures in the book instead of the boys. I've already done stuff for them.




And my boy came home on Saturday!!! It was soooooooooo nice to have him home. Man, I love this kid and miss him! He got home around 12:30...slept..think he was glad to be in his own bed...did some homework..then went to the late show with the girlfriend. He did homework all day Sunday.

Sunday afternoon, his girlfriends parents had a fish fry at their river house....it was very nice.

The "old" people played the "young people in volleyball. They had a blast.
Michael had to leave the party. I really wanted him back in Fayetteville before it got dark. But that didn't happen. Good-byes are so hard!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Marley pulled through. From the sound of it, I'm not sure you could have handled losing her and Michael too.

    ReplyDelete