Sunday, August 16, 2009

SAD SAD Day...


18 years ago..I dropped this child off with a babysitter that I didn't really know...I interviewed her and trusted her. (She was the best)...2 years later, we moved, and I dropped him off with total strangers at a daycare facility....today we dropped him off at college with people we don't know!!

Today was the day I have dreaded ALL SUMMER long! Michael left for college. My heart is broken. He is excited; and I am trying to be excited for him. What a change we all have in store for us. I think it is going to be harder for us to adjust than him. Jacob has been glued to Michael's hip all week long. This is such an exciting time for Michael...and I am so proud of him. I won't lie, I wish he wasn't so far away (yes, only 2 hours, but still).....I do realize this is what we raise and all hope that our children do...GO TO COLLEGE. But it still doesn't make it any easier. I just hope and pray he is kept safe and has a wonderful college life experience. His mom, dad, and little brother sure are going to miss him!

We have had a lot of "well wishes" this week. Our friends took him out to eat at PJ's on Friday night (the place Roger and I went a couple of weeks ago). He has had phone calls/visits from family/friends. I've had phone calls from family/friends....don't know what I would do without them!!!! Major support system out there!

We had to drop everything off on the curb, move our vehicle out of the parking lot, then carry everything up to his room....(itty bitty room might I add)

Outside his dorm room.
His roommate. He is from Dallas.

His laundry room. It actually wasn't too bad. And it is coin free. (That's included in that big fancy tuition fee!)
Family pic (don't know why we are all smiling...because I sure wasn't happy!)
The girlfriend...she and I were very sad on our 2 hour ride home! (Don't know why she is smiling either...'cause I know she isn't happy either)--aren't they sweet?

His home for the year!
Michael--I wish all the best for you this year~enjoy!
These are the best of times!
I love you!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! Thanks for sharing this sad day of your life with us.

    ReplyDelete