Saturday, August 8, 2009

Random Pictures...

We have had a busy weekend. Jacob had an allergy appointment in Conway on Friday. So we made a flying drive down there and back. We had to get back for our finals of baseball in Bakersfield at 6:00. We were ranked 3rd going into the tournament. Our first game was a nail biter. We did win 6-5. We had the team up 6-0 going into the 4th inning. The other team game back and just about beat us. Our next game wasn't until 9:15. We got beat really really really bad! So, we ended up placing 2nd in the tournament. So proud of these boys and the coaches. They have put their heart and soul into it. Jacob ended his "little league" career with a homerun in the first game Friday night!!! We have played baseball ALL summer long! Jacob gave up a trip to California and a trip to the beach in Florida. He wouldn't even consider missing a game in league play or travel team play! That is devotion. We have enjoyed our summer baseball, but I'm ready to move onto another sport...guess that will be basketball and soccer.
Jacob on first base
Getting ready to bat.
Yes, I am taking a picture of you!

Holding the 2nd place plaque. So proud of you!
SATURDAY:
My folks decided to come up to see Michael before he begins his college journey. They haven't seen him since graduation. They got here before he got off work. We had a cookout and made homemade ice cream. Had orange sherbert and vanilla.

Everyone hanging out waiting for the ice cream to finish. (Roger was in charge)
It was HOT outside too!!

Michael with granny and papa.

It hit me today that Michael has NEVER done a load of laundry at home!!! (He claims that he has done laundry at school when he played basketball--apparently they had a rotation on washing the practice jersey's)....anyway....he got blue towels/washclothes for graduation, so I decided we would wash them today. OH my goodness! I have never laughed so hard!!! He asked if he needed to put BLEACH in the blue towels/washclothes!!! Alex and I both screamed "NO". I am letting the laundry pile up and we are going to practice some more this week...sorting...etc....One word of advice...don't let your 18 year old leave home and NOT know how to do laundry. He says he will get it figured out...yes, I am sure he will...but what all will he ruin in the mean time. I will prepare the younger one earlier!ha

He asked me if I was seriously going to take his picture doing his laundry! YEP!

Then he did a little shopping at Wal Mart to pick up some "dorm" items. I didn't do that trip!
Him, granny, and Alex made that trip.

Don't know how much sweeping he has done either??? WOW...he has had the good life!ha

Where else is there besides, WAL MART!??

No comments:

Post a Comment